Thursday 4 June 2009

The Bob - Leg 5 and Leg 4 26th April

The following weekend was back to the lakes for another recce. I was tired and hungover as I set off for Leg 5 so just did the hills skipping the road and headed back to the car as Sunday would be a long day on Leg 4 (16km, 3.5hours).

Jeff joined me again for a recce from Seathwaite to Honistor. We set in good weather and had some fun scrambling round the side of Scafell Pike rather than joining the hordes on the summit. It was a fine day so we went and had another go at Broad Stand Jeff sussed the technique after I baled and then I managed to get up unaided. We decided to go round Foxes Tarn and try again to ensure we could do it fluidly which I managed no problem. So it was then down to Wasdale and onto Yewbarrow. We skipped Steeple as it was late and headed round the rest of the leg and back to the car (32km 10 hours).

Unfortunately my new shoes, although the same size as the last pair and supposed off the same last, seemed a bit loose. With hindsight my feet has swollen after 11 hours racing and so fitted the larger shoe. Once my feet had shrunk again, I was slopping around in them. After speaking with Inov-8 I purchased some different insoles which made the shoes much snugger.

No comments: