Thursday 4 June 2009

The Bob

So on 16th Jan I decided this might be the year to attempt the Bob Graham Round as there were no expedition races in the offing and I needed a reason to start getting fit.

I then did nothing until joining Sleepmonsters/Inov 8 hours before the start of the High Peak Marathon. After being dragged off the start I found I settled well and was still strong by the end so announced my intentions later that week with a vague plan:

28th and 29th March, Leg 2 and Leg 3 Logistics unclear!
April 10th - 13th Full BGR Recce, backpacking wild camp/ Wasdale,convenient campsites
25th April and 26th Leg 4 and Leg 5
17th May Leg 1
23rd / 24th any unclear sections / local training
June 6/7th The Big Day!

Additional training
5th March Open5 (speed work;-))
18th-19th April iROC nav practice
1st -4th May GL3D
9th May Fellsman

This remained relatively unchanged and I had a fantastic few months in the hills.
Recce 1 Legs 3 & 2
Jeff PD joined me on the first recce on a snowy weekend covering legs 3 on the Saturday and 2 on the Sunday. We'd done on route studying and enjoyed a couple of days approaching hills from new angles.

The Open 5 was fast as anticipated on a warm Sunday in the Peak around all my favorite trails

No comments: